Here’s a tip that may be useful to those of you who have lots of programs installed and are using the Classic Start Button view.
When you select the programs list from the Windows XP Start button menu, are you unable to view all the programs?
There are two ways to solve this problem.
1) Temporarily set your display to a higher resolution.
If your display is set to 1024 x 768 you may be having this problem. To set it to a higher resolution, do the following:
– Press Winbutton+d to “Show Desktop” and minimize all open windows.
– Right click on a blank area of the desktop and select “Properties”.
– Select the “Settings” tab.
– Slide the slider to 1280 x 720.
– Click OK
The problem with this solution is that you may not want to have your resolution set that high. The main disadvantage is that all the screen fonts become very small and difficult to read.
Therefore, there is another option.
2) You need to access your Start Menu options.
– Locate a blank area of your Taskbar and right click.
– Select “Properties”.
– Select the “Customize” tab.
– Click the “Advanced” tab.
– In the “Start Menu Items” area, scroll all the way to the bottom.
– Three items above “System Administration Tools” you will see a check box called, “Scroll Programs”.
– Be sure that box is checked.
– Click OK, and click OK again.
Now test it to see that you can view all your programs by using the scrolling list, and that’s it.
[tags]Windows XP, Start Menu Programs, Technical Tips[/tags]